29 November 2006

Not Quite a Vacation

I wish I could say that I've been off on some wild adventure or at home sleeping or curled up with a cute girl and a good novel, but alas, I've had nothing of the sort during my vacation.

I've been working. And working. And working. My uncle found out that I was studying clothcraft and took advantage of the vacation I had planned on taking for myself. I left my friends in Windurst and travelled back to my hometown, San d'Oria. My uncle works for a man named Rosel, offering supplies to both the Tanner's Guild as well as Rosel's Armour Shop. He thought it would be nice if I came "home" to visit the family for a while, and in the process, he secured me a part-time job at Rosel's.

Part-time soon turned into full-time as I spent all of my time working. I didn't really mind being a salesman, but I felt there were better uses for my abilities. I knew nothing of leathercraft, so when patrons came in with specific questions about certain items, I was at a loss for words, often turning them toward the more knowledgeable employees.

Why my uncle felt it necessary to put me into such a position, I do not know. Perhaps it was a favor to Rosel? I didn't dare ask. For me to be so inquisitive would be acting out against my "better judgement" as an Elvaan. I still have never understood why my kinsmen were so damn proud of themselves. Being proud is one thing, but being proud and haughty and otherwise ignorant to the world around them... well, that's something else altogether.

6 Comments:

Blogger Guankim said...

"Being proud is one thing, but being proud and haughty and otherwise ignorant to the world around them... well, that's something else altogether."

Crap, it's the first sense that an Elvaan has made in a long time! >.> Oh, wait, I have quite a few Elvaan friends who feel the same way you do...that's why I'll loan those poor MP-poor Paladins a refresh cookie! ^_~

03 December, 2006 17:33  
Blogger Argentos of Windurst said...

/grin

But in all reality, being stuck at work makes it hard to play FFXI! ;_;

03 December, 2006 21:46  
Blogger Guankim said...

Oh yes, but it makes it SO much easier to type up a blog comment, haha!

04 December, 2006 02:24  
Blogger Darrett said...

Tarutaru! Go Tarutaru! Just a thought ^^ Have fun with clothcrafting.

05 December, 2006 21:26  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

That's why visiting family doesnt count as a vacation. My mother thinks my time would be better spend leather crafting near home but really there is only so much of that a girl can take.

06 December, 2006 13:38  
Blogger Argentos of Windurst said...

Heh, the real life story behind this is that I'm working two jobs right now, one of which I'm about to go into management for. I'm not getting nearly as much FFXI playtime as I used to. =/

06 December, 2006 15:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home