13 February 2007

Out of Context (03)

Attention all FFXI players!

I need some seemingly random ideas from you, if you would be so kind as to help. I've been trying to start a webcomic for quite some time now, and aside from n00bcorner (a completely random, story-less comic, sorta like Cyanide & Happiness), I haven't managed to get anything going.

I've tried using LEGOs, but didn't want to jump through the pages and pages of legal loopholes... nor did I want to pay to rebuild my LEGO collection. I tried drawing for a while, but my artistic skill is... lacking, to say the least. It's not what it used to be.

And then it hit me. Folye's FFXIMV can create the characters for me... then all I have to do is fill in the backgrounds. Holy carp on a stick, Batman! It's an idea.

The comic will feature my linkshell, DeepSecond, and most prominently those Argentos, Dawezy, and Kintrra figures you're always reading about. Other actual members of DeepSecond will appear from time to time. Because I want the comic to follow a less realistic story, it will veer away from actual in-game events (that's what this blog covers, mostly) and into a more fantastical approach. Actual game missions and quests will be used, and the storyline will be touched, but there will be random curveballs and unexpected twists that could never happen in the real game.

I was thinking of filling out the rest of the "main party" with created characters, giving me the opportunity to play with the Model Viewer a bit more.

I bring this up here, however, because I was curious as to how many of you would be interested in making the cross-server jump and allowing me to have the creative liberty to use your characters in the comic. I would never do so without your permission, which is why I ask.

Realize that by allowing me to borrow your characters, their personalities may stay in tact, but their lives on their own servers will be null and void. (No, I won't make any of them fall in love with anyone, so don't worry about that.)


Discussion for the comic without a name can be found HERE for anyone who is interested in joining in the topic as it evolves. I'll probably run a list of potential names in the thread in the next couple of days.


In game news, Argentos is now a level 43 White Mage and knows all six Teleport spells, finally has Haste and Erase, and is kicking tail with Dawezy, Kintrra, Reyvn, and Koshimu in a somewhat static party for a few levels. Swish.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

Oh sounds fun! If you need a sexy red headed Elvaan thief, Alison is yours to steal as you like. Just keep in mind she does need a lot of cookies or she's not happy. As for falling in love, she prefers it even but not necessary as it is a messy business not conducive of efficient killing of the beasties. She’s young and idealistic and gets distracted by charming men quite often I’m afraid. Good luck on your little project!

14 February, 2007 12:46  
Blogger Alison the Amazing Thief said...

oh and Happy Valentines Day! <3

14 February, 2007 12:46  
Blogger Dawezy said...

We actually came up with quite a few err.. "unique" characters last night and the night before, but for sure we are lacking in the Elvaan department~

DeepSecond is near all kitties aside from Argentos and Omni.

14 February, 2007 17:30  
Blogger Argentos of Windurst said...

Haha, yeah, if you check the forum topic that I linked to, the comic version of the linkshell now has some diversity that the real linkshell doesn't have.

The real linkshell has two Elvaan males, a Taru female, a Hume female, and... the rest are all Mithra.

Silly little kitties.

So, for the comic, I added a Galka, a Taru M, and a Hume F to be regular characters, composing the other half of the "main party" which will be seen throughout most of the story.


Oh, and Alison? I was hoping you'd say yes. ^_^

And falling in love, eh? I see a little cross-server romance budding here...

15 February, 2007 00:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argentos, 75 RDM at your service if ya need it ^^ And yes, my character model is that in my avatar picture that *SHOULD BE* beside this comment :)

And booyah for making up in the lacking-male department, haha!

((Well, bleh, will recomment later if I can, or link my blog for pic (http://guankim.blogspot.com) -- For some reason, I can't post comments, saying there's an error, last 5 times I've tried to post here, haha! So ... hopefully they fix this faster than SE's fixed the zoning glitch ><;; ))

13 March, 2007 22:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home